• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

netflix movies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was mooching around netflix website and found that they have "The Crossing", a good film about the battle of Trenton. They also have "liberty" a p.b.s. special on the consice history of the Revolutionary War. Does any one know of any other good movies?

Donkey's years ago in the early 90'?...I was flying soemwhere and watched... I think Liberty?? with Al Pacino or Dustin Hoffman? It was ok... worth staying awaek for on the flight.
The crossing I found disappointing... not enough shooting I recall?
Apart from The Patriot... I reckon the US movie studios needs to get their act together and start producing some Rev and 1812 War movies...the public's ready for them... the Civil War has been done to pathos ridden death (Gods & Generals was #hit!!... a good book ruined by celluoid and now we WON'T see To the Last Full Measure made into film!!)
The Battle of New Orleans would make great movie... as would a good Naval series... 1812 on the great lakes or is my history and geography confused???
It's funny how the FI - Rev - 1812 War period doesn't seem
so represented on film???? Perhaps it is better to settle for quality... not quantity??
See ya, Al

Yeah, I recently got "The Crossing" from them, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought Jeff Daniels did a great job as Washington, and the rest of the cast was great as well. There were some good lines in that movie, my favorite being when the two soldiers are sitting in the tent smoking pipes and one is dripping candle wax on his lock. The other one says, "Whatcha smokin'?", he replies, "Dry cow dung." The first guy says, "What's it taste like?". The guy looks up at him with that look on his face and says, "S**t." :crackup:

That movie "Revolution" with Al Pacino apparently is not out on DVD yet, because they don't have it. I've also rented "Black Robe", "The Mission", and the new Alamo movie from them, and liked them all, though Black Robe wasn't quite all that I had hoped it would be, and there was a little too much, well, let's just say "adult stuff" in it for me. Definitely not a movie you can watch with your kids.

They're releasing "Northwest Passage" on DVD this week, and I have that one in my queue too. It's an older film with Spencer Tracy about Roger's Rangers (pre-Rev war), but I've heard is pretty good too.

I'm not really certain what this "Netflix" is but who can forget the following:

"Sweet Liberty" with Alan Alda... "I've got this thing I do with a spontoon?!!!"

"America" - W.D. (or is it D.W.) Griffith 1924ish, silent. Great cameos by the "White Persion Cat" that appears more often than some of the actors. Highly recommend!!!

"Old Ironsides" - another silent movie, great stuff!

"The Unconquered" Paulette Goddard (O' Rapture Unbearable), and some guy... (G. Cooper) "It may be the wind, it may be my imagination... but it sounds like the pipes of heaven themselves!... It is... It's the pipes of the 42nd!!!"

"Light in the Forest" Disney, and if you can get past the disgusting theme song, there's some great footage of the 42nd (piping as they're climing a mountain trail (yeah, sure)), as well as a compassionate and realistic treatment of the repatriation of "captives" both indian and "white".

Thanks for the original post, it reminds me that I have to get back and do some collecting on E-Bay, Facets, etc.!

Jim aka kiltiemon

It would be great if we seen some more of these types of movies made, i'm sure no is interested in writing a decent script that producers would want to use.

A few years ago I thought about writing a movie script, then I seen one reading it gave me a headache. Can't imagine writing one lol

Back