• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New addition to the family

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Uberti Walker I picked up today.

MA3V1711-small_zps7701d7e8.jpg

MA3V1712-small_zpsca08c974.jpg

IMG_8169-small_zps971b0ca8.jpg

IMG_8172-small_zpsd82be13b.jpg

The Walker compared to my wife's 1849 Pocket pistol...

IMG_8164-small_zps0f4007dd.jpg

BillinOregon said:
I've always thought a Sam Browne-style belt rig would go a long way to making a Walker pleasant on the hip.
Actually, it helps a lot. I once had a Civil War cavalry belt set of unknown origin but it had a shoulder strap to off-set the sword weight. With a little finagling I got it turned around to support the weight of a Walker and holster. Surprising how much difference after the 2nd or 3rd hour! :thumbsup:

Alden said:
With two hands I'll bet!!!
:wink:
No kidding Kimosabe! Though one time I tried giving it the old George Custer limp wrist, bent arm and off hand on other hip stance like the famous painting...got a hammer dent in my noggin for my stupidity! Ding-dong...any intelligent life in there? :surrender: :rotf:

Will be shooting this in a couple hours, along with a bunch of other stuff, including a 2nd Gen Colt 1851 Navy, a Colt 1849, a couple of Remington New Model Armys, and a Sharon hawken rifle.

Have a great time. I have a Uberti Walker also and it is a "blast" to shoot. I love shooting the steel plates with it, big CLANG!

Latest posts

Back