• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NEw Brunswick Moose Guide?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Put in for the lottery. Know of any affordable outfitters who aren't gun picky.

There are numerous outfitters who don't like certain guns for safery reasons. Like flintlock and lever guns.

I got a 54 Lyman GPR and should have a early reading 54 flintlock good by then.

I only looked into moose guides in Maine, but....
never had any express flintlocks as a safety issue. They might roll their eyes at getting an archer close up on a big bull, but not a flinter.
Up here you get to name a sub permitee to come along and shoot as well. The second shot, if needed, can come from your buddy next to you faster than you can reload the GPR.
2 guys, 2 flints. I think many guides would be impressed.

New Brunswick isn't Quebec if you get my drift. The guides there should be much more reasonable.

As for price, you're on your own. :idunno:

Back