• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Catagory Thoughts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
All in favor of a CANNONS only catagory in the Weapons section say Aye, Yes, OK, Roger That, or even "that would be nice"...

Also, would you use it?

Need feed back from as many members as possiable...

ALSO...instead of one smoothbore category, may a second one that is military smoothbores, or smoothbore muskets, etc

Pretty sneaky Mooskeetman but it ain't a gonna work.
Ah kan jus hear ye now:
"But Honey, everyone has one. Look! Right there on the screen. Ahhh. How come I can't have one when everybody else has one??? You never let me have what I want! Well, OK.... but that was a long time ago! Yes darnet, a week is a long time ago, but back to the cannon, Why can't I have one? Everyone else has one......"

It wil never fly, Ah says!!

An "aye", "yes", "you betcha",... VOTE,....... from the state'a Wyoming!! :applause: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Funny you should mention it. I was going to ask about that, but I had something a little different in mind. How about a pre-flintlock category, for those of us that are into the really old firearms? It could be for matchlock muskets, snaphaunces, wheellocks, calivers, arquebuses, handgonnes, hand cannons, full-size cannons, etc. I haven't seen a category like that on any blackpowder forum I've been to, but there are lots of people that shoot these old guns. After word spread a bit, I think you'd draw a lot of those people to this forum who would like to have a place to talk about their 'oldies'.

How about a pre-flintlock category, for those of us that are into the really old firearms? It could be for matchlock muskets, snaphaunces, wheellocks, calivers, arquebuses, handgonnes, hand cannons, full-size cannons, etc.

That would be unique, we could have an exclusive...

Nice idea there...

Aye, Yes, OK,Roger That, or even "that would be nice"...
Also, would you use it? yes

he he.............bob

I'm glad you like my idea. My search for such a forum has been pretty frustrating, since most forums seem to concentrate only on flintlocks, percussion, and in-lines, without giving any thought to all the guns that came before the flintlock. There are a lot of re-enactors that shoot the really old stuff, as well as people who don't re-enact but just enjoy the early history of guns (like me).

If you decide to go with it, I could start it off by posting links to gun builders/sutlers where such guns and accessories can be purchased. I can also post a bunch of links to web sites/articles that detail the history of the development of gunpowder (as far as we know it at this point), the evolution of the early "gonnes", and so on for people that want to expand their knowledge of the early history of gunpowder and firearms. Also stuff like how to make your own 'slow match' for matchlocks, even how to make your own blackpowder.

(Check your local laws about that last one before proceeding. :: )

If you decide to go with it, I could start it off by posting links to gun builders/sutlers where such guns and accessories can be purchased.

If you email or private message me the links, I will gladly add them to our link page... ::

I think it would be a great idea! To include handcannon,matchlocks,wheellocks Etc. along with cannons,should generate enough interest to be an active thread.Over the years I have studied the history of Black Powder, and the evolvolution of firearms. Problem is! You don't find but a few like minded folks on a local level to talk about or exchange information on the subject.Who knows I might get a wild hair and build a cannon.(I have given it some thought )By the way The Fort at St.Augustine has classes on loading and firing cannon,I think it;s only 2 times a year.My Grandson was interested,but the class was full About 20 people to a class + alternates in case of no shows.I'll dig up more details if there is an interest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif ::

I vote, "yes"... I think it would be a good opportunity to learn more about cannons... I think there would be valuable discussion on all levels. My main interest would be in the old, "keel guns", but I also would enjoy reading about the old cannons that were used into the 1860's... :)

The new catagory is up and running people, Now we got a place for the big guns to play... :winking: :haha:

Latest posts

Back