• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Costner "Saga" movie; "Horizon"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Watched the 1st DVD of the new 3-part Costner epic, 'Horizon'. Lots of money sunk into it, and it flopped. Nothing there you haven't seen in the latest modern Westerns, but beautifully filmed. He put 137 million of his own money into it, it flopped in the theatres, and is largely boring with a few interesting spots here and there. I'm posting to comment on the quick appearance of Cartridge guns and cartridges in gun belts, even though it's still supposed to be the Civil War years. Costner's ctg. conversion Colt, for example. I kept fast-forwarding to hurry up the viewing, not something I'd normally do with such a film. One of the leading bad guys has an outfit that looks like they raided the prop costume vault from Gladiator. Wolf pelt on huge pleated overcoat, worn 24 & 7. ('Horizon' is the name of the housing developments being sold to settlers.) Much graphic violence as is seen nowadays; used to be they'd suggest that someone was scalped, now we see the gory details; makes me appreciate the old John Wayne classics! Oh, and Costner ruined the end of Yellowstone by bailing out; what's with that guy? You think the current horror/Halloween movies are scary? Being caught in an Apache attack, graphically depicted, is scarier than anything the "fright" movies have cooked up, and it's all historically real.

Back