• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new flintlock I just got!! :)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice find, congrats. You did very well! Looks like a single set trigger too. Let us know how it shoots!

Oh I thought it was P. Ellum! :grin: Darn nice rifle you got there. Worth about 6 times what you paid for it! I know she has a good home now. Geo. T.

Thanks everyone for the comments really appreciate the feedback. The more I read the more I feel I got a awsome deal! Heres a couple more pics

20130221_174631.jpg

20130221_174647.jpg

That is a realy good score, good parts and wood as well, do yourself a big favor and jump into the builders forum and see how to finish the stock off . :thumbsup: :)

Hey Backwoodshunter,

Can't help piling on what others have already said and to what you now know: you really got an awesome deal. You will feel great about that rifle for as long as you own it and I predict you will find yourself picking it up and admiring that fine wood over and over again. It's great to stumble into the proverbial "right place, right time" scenario. Looking forward to the range report.

For a $150.00 I would have bought it so fast my wallet would be still spinning!! and I'm a lefty!. That rifle should have had at least a $1000.00 price tag on it. The moon must have been in the right phase for you that day. :thumbsup:

Thanks! And thanks to everyone that has commented. Ive always wanted a full stock muzzleloader like this. Just never could afford one. Like what was said, the moon must have been just right! When the weather is a little better ill take it to the range an see how she shoots. Ill post a range report as soon as I get back. And ill get some more pics. I mean everyone loves pics lol

It might be a 'might warm" at that price.....no serial numbers on these, and gun shops will buy guns 'dime on the dollar" sometimes......

this $$$ makes me think things~~~SOMEbody had a rifle in the closet, and a 'moment' came up me thinks from a family member........the lock costs $150 alone....... :hmm:

The fact is, if this rifle is at a gun store the owners know the value of it. If a private owner sells this rifle for $150, chances are they must have just fallen off the turnip truck.

The shop I got it from deals more in tactical gear and accessories. He said he got it in a package of guns that he bought just for the other guns. T hat was just in with the deal. He dosent deal in muzzleloaders at all. Thats the only reason he got it.

Back