• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearbeater

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey all
bearbeater bought a new one. I was at the BP shop and I was looking at this CVA squirl gun and I bought it. It was on the rack for about 1 year. I made an offer and walked out with it and a few other Items to boot. :) I am waiting for Momabear to go to bed so I could bring it in fron the car. just dont tell her she dont understand the need of a good firearm. :thumbsup: I also dont want momabear beating the bearbeater. Any of you fine shooters have any loads to recomend to start out with min and max loads. Its a 36 cal. oh ya Happy Easter remember what Easter is about.
Jesus the Christ.
Bearbeater

oh ya Happy Easter remember what Easter is about.
Jesus the Christ.
Bearbeater

Amen to that, Brer Bearbeater! As to loads for the .36, I bought a used TC seneca and have only had it out a few times. Its nice. Started with 20 gr 3f and it shot so well have just stayed with it for plinkin' (and maybe squirrels sometimes). If I was going to use it for turkey, would probably try 30-35-40 and see what grouped the best. CVA would probably send you a manual with their load info. CVA (770) 449-4687
(770) 242-8546 fax/request
email: [email protected]

Bearbeater:

Does your momma bear know about the rule of three?

Simply stated, it is: Since most women (bless 'em) don't know one gun from another, once you get past three you can skate for quite awhile by telling your beloved that your new piece is nothing more than "that ol' smoke pole I picked up six months ago" (or last year, or before we were married).

Works on my far better half, and she's got an advanced business degree :crackup:

'Course, the best way to get around that is to make sure she gets the toys of her choice on a regular basis. :peace:

But, of course, :results:

Course, the best way to get around that is to make sure she gets the toys of her choice on a regular basis.

AMFN to that :master: :RO: :thumbsup:
I just bought my better half a new computer so I am good to go for the upcomeing gunshow :crackup:

IronMan

hey scrounger
I will try but I have to get the moma bears camera. I also am happy to see the the 3 gun rule works and I have tried its and it works. will let others know how it shoots.
Happy Easter
Jesus is risen
Bearbeater

Rule of 3 doesn't work for me.
Maka Yukaka Toha Wiya Istime ( Lakota for Ground Shakes When She Sleeps} knows my guns as well as I do. Having a better half that likes to shoot does have a down side. At least she doesn't complain too much when I bring a new one home.

Back