• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New guy from TX

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Clagett

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Russ and I live in central Texas..interested in learning all about muzzleloaders, mainly percussion rifles...

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum, Russ. :hatsoff:

You are in the right place to learn. Click on the percussion forum, and go over the back threads for ones that interest you. Go to the bottom left column and you can change the default setting so you can see all the old posts.

WARNING: You will be exposed to many different aspects of muzzleloading and associated areas of interest on this site.

Don't be surprised if you find yourself learning all about flintlocks, powder horns, smoothbores, pistols, period clothing...you'll love every bit of it.

Glad to have you here, and feel free to join right in.

Richard/Grumpa

Welcome, Russ. Where in central Texas are you located? There are a couple of muzzleloading clubs in the New Braunfles area. I belong to one of them, The White Smoke Brigade. They are great places to get your questions answered. If you are close enough to Georgetown, let me know and you can go to one of the WSB matches with me. Who knows, you just might like us and become a member. :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Russ, Welcome to the forum! Plenty of good information here. You can go to the Percussion Rifle section of the forum and take a look. If there is a particular rifle your interested in you can also use our search feature located at the top of the page. If you have any questions,concerns, or comments, you can always ask away. Your questions will be answered. The members here are a great bunch of folks with a vast amount of experience and knowledge. If you already purchased your muzzleloader or have not yet, you can get alot of great advice before you take your next step. Hope to hear from you soon. Respectfully, cowboys1062. :hatsoff:

Back