• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Hawke

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronMan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
For anyone who might be interested. I ordered a pair of hawkes from Sportsmans Guide. They arrived today. Haveing never thrown a hawke I went out back and found a sutable stump and my son-in-law,who also had never thrown,and I started to toss. Within about 20 mins both of us were able to consistantly hit the stump from about 5 or six paces. I am 6'3" so that is about 12 to 18 feet. I was amazed at how quickly we both got the hang of throwing. The hawkes are from what I can tell well made and sturdy. They weigh about 2 1/2 lbs. and are fairly sharp out of the box. They cost $17 for the pair. We had fun.

IronMan

I went out back and found a sutable stump and my son-in-law,

Sounds like he was one of the targets... :haha:

It's fun to throw hawks, it's better to have 20 or more so you don't have to walk back and forth to the stump as much... :crackup:

Glad you had fun...

Back