• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Here

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBark11957

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am just rekindling my interest in black powder. I had been a shooter for a few years in my 20's and owned a Sharps .56 paper cartridge breechloader. I got away from shooting for a bit and am now looking to build some Pennsylvania rifles, probably to sell. I am lucky enough to have trained in one of the best 18th century furniture companies around...a shop where the combination of hand and power tool work made for extremely good craftsmanship. I am looking to use what I learned to make rifles. If you all could see the tiger maple we made into bedposts...OH MY GAWD!
John

Welcome Jbark. You have found a great place to "chew the fat" when it comed to BP guns. There is a wealth of info here. Good people too... See ya round the campfires :peace:

Jbark,
welcome to the forum glad to have you on board.
your background sure gives you an edge in the
building process.be sure to check our "Builders
Bench" forum. hope you will join in and contribute
whenever you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup: :)

Hi there Jbark - welcome! Hope to see you around the forum. Indeed, I suspect you will fine a lot of what you're interested in from others here who build'em before they shoot'em. :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard JBark!
Post a picture of your bedposts, it's always nice to see good woodworking. When it comes to muzzle-loaders & re-enacting, I usually feel like the lone ranger unless I'm at a gathering. This is an online gathering/rendezvous where you can do research, chat, or learn just about anything. No pesty flatlanders interrupting all the time either! :winking:
Bill :thumbsup:

Welcome from another Pennsylvanian! Where in PA are ye? If your not that far away, we'd be interested in checking out your 18th cent. furniture sometime.

Welcome, I think you'll find you love this site. Fellow PA here as well, Lancaster County. Known for some pretty good craftsman as well.

Welcome JBark, Great to see the pennsy numbers goning up again. :thumbsup:
This place is loaded with us. :haha:
This is the place to find answers all those questions you will have on building long rifles.
Lehigh..

Back