• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member information

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AYamini

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hi all. I am a Wisconsin lad transported for the last 15+ years to Texas. My family and I live outside of Austin. My Dad still has the Dairy farm in northern Wisconsin which is where I hunted everything from squirrels to deer with the bow and muzzleloader. I have learned from reading recent posts and articles that I should have already killed myself with the hunting loads I was using in the Italian made Hawken that I was shooting. My family and I are attempting to sell our home and move midway between her folks and mine as both sets are aging. So somewhere outside of Chicago will be my next stomping ground. I have wanted to take advantage of this last Texas hunting season to bag a BP deer and hog. Where I have the opportunity to hunt here requires a likely 125 yd minimum shot for the deer. That is why I am seeking a used Encore. I also will begin making the drive back to the farm to harvest BP deer and want the right rifle for the job. Thank you all for your informative posts.

AYamini
welcome to the forum glad to have you with us.i'm sure all your questions will be answered so just ask away.
again welcome and stay active

I am snake-eyes :thumbsup: :peace: :) :RO:

Welcome AYamini,
This is a great forum for info and friendship. We moved away from the immediate Chicago area almost 9 years ago. Hope ya find suitable hunting grounds down there when ya make your move. :thumbsup:

Back