• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Michael Moore
Los Fresnos, Texas

JBMR .50 and .54

I’ve never shot either rifle and new to muzzleloading. As far as I know my father fired the .50 4-5 times, cleaned it and put it up. The .54 has never been fired. Prowling and growling the forums for info. Thx

Attachments

• 61836964020__59F838A1-0762-47BA-BBA0-E225E81D513F.jpeg
    61836964020__59F838A1-0762-47BA-BBA0-E225E81D513F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1965.jpeg
    IMG_1965.jpeg
    654.5 KB · Views: 0
Michael Moore
Los Fresnos, Texas

JBMR .50 and .54

I’ve never shot either rifle and new to muzzleloading. As far as I know my father fired the .50 4-5 times, cleaned it and put it up. The .54 has never been fired. Prowling and growling the forums for info. Thx
Welcome from East Texas

Welcome from Maine. A fine pair of Jonathan Browning rifles, a 1000 were made. Worth good money.
Nit Wit

Michael Moore
Los Fresnos, Texas

JBMR .50 and .54

Welcome, You will fine a lot of good info here as well as a bit of chaff that has to be winnowed out. If you can, find a shop near you and get the basic supplies you need and shoot the guns. It's a lot of fun that most shooters know nothing about. At my club the high powered rifle range has a steady stream of shooters, at the bp range next to it you will see a couple names in the log book a week!

Latest posts

Back