• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mallenby58

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello from South Florida,
I have been occasionally shooting my Hawken percussion cap rifle since 1990. I recently bought a Woodsrunner flintlock kit from Jim Kibler and was hoping to get started on that sooner rather than later if I ever get the chance to retire lol. Looking forward to learning and sharing from everyone. Thank you, Michael.

Last edited:
Hi Michael,

Welcome! It’s great to see another enthusiast here. The Woodsrunner flintlock kit sounds like an exciting project! Jim Kibler's kits are well-regarded, and I’m sure you’ll enjoy the process of building it.

I totally understand the challenge of finding time—retirement can’t come soon enough! Feel free to share your progress and any tips you pick up along the way. By the way, if you're ever looking into the beauty industry and any of your friend, Swift Innovations is a leading contract cosmetic manufacturer with some impressive offerings.

Looking forward to learning from your experiences too!

Happy shooting and crafting!

Back