• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearless51

32 Cal.
Reaction score
New guy here, I have read some of the information posted and find it interesting. I like to get different opinions to base my learning on. I've gotten back into black powder this past year. I was into it back in the mid 70's but for one reason or another lost interest although I always kept a cap and ball revolver around. I've been retired over a year which gave me the time to get into something enjoyable and I always remembered how much fun shooting a black powder rifle was. I had a friend custom make me a .54 Mountain gun in the traditional manner and got back into shooting. I competed with the rifle but had trouble with the sights and my eyesight, I tried a friends rifle with aperature style sights and target rear eye cup and was sold. Walked into a great deal on a Lyman Plains rifle in .54, stuck a set of Lyman target sights and have been holding my own in competition ever since.

Latest posts

Back