• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New muzzleloader powder suggestions/BH209

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CvaHunter

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello I apologize if this is wrong thread in advance. I bought a Cva wolf v2 as my first muzzleloader and I also bought the blackhorn breech to shoot loose powder with it more consistent and a vortex vanquish 3-9. I am set on loose powder and am leaning towards 777. I want minimal cleaning and I realize BH209 would be the best option but is $80-100 for 8 oz worth it. It sounded like 777 loose was my next best option.
Also help on finding primers if I do go BH209 seems impossible to find and should I also go shotgun primers for 777 loose or just normal 209 muzzle
What do y’all think I’m a newb

Agree with putting this on the sister site. For an inline ML just get Federal 209A shotgun primers if you can find them. They will work with any powder you wind up with.

Back