• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Muzzleloading Hunting buddy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1albert

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I lost my youngest son last year ( 10/26/08 )at elk camp do to a heart attack. My son I hunted deer with muzzleloaders togeather and this year I drew a tag and no one to hunt with. I ask my 7 year old grandson, my youngest son's boy if he wanted to go with me and he said yes. We got up before daylight and headed out. It was raining alot so we mostly drove through clear cuts and walk up skidder roads. We drove into one clear cut and he Screamed Grandpaw there is a bunch of deer by the time I saw them they were on a dead run. I ask him to be quiet when you see deer and he said ok. Next clear cut he saw the deer first and again he screamed and off they went. We drove on down the dirt road and at the end of the clear cut he screamed again deer grandpaw deer, I stopped and said where Colton where! He looked at me and grinned and said just kidding grandpaw. The next morning my other son took us both up along with his 4 year old daughter and I got a nice Doe. I think I have a new hunting Buddy but he is going to need a little polishing yet.

Albert

Sorry to hear about the lose of your youngest son. Hopefully you'll polish that youngin up right quick and enjoy many a hunt with him. I hope you do. :hatsoff:

IMGP1242-1.jpg
I hope this picture works I'm not to good with Photobucket. The sheds were picked up in the clear cut. Grandmaw made us ware the orange.

Albert

sorry about losing your son. i can relate.
lost my dad last year opening day of deer season.

he shot a 3 pt and was out looking for it and had a massive stroke. now my 11 year old son has taken his place. oh and congrats on the doe. :thumbsup:

a1lbert said:
IMGP1242-1.jpg
I hope this picture works I'm not to good with Photobucket. The sheds were picked up in the clear cut. Grandmaw made us ware the orange.

Albert
By that smile, looks like hes headed in the right direction. :thumbsup:

chopper said:
sorry about losing your son. i can relate.
lost my dad last year opening day of deer season.

he shot a 3 pt and was out looking for it and had a massive stroke. now my 11 year old son has taken his place. oh and congrats on the doe. :thumbsup:

Chopper, I'm sure that was a hell of a thing to go through last year and sorry you did. I had a good friend die in a goose blind, heart attack.

I have to say if ya gotta go, I can't think of many better ways to go than while out in the woods doing something you love to do.

Looks like you got a great partner hope yall have many succesful hunts!!!

swampy,
thanks, yeah, it sucked. he was 79 and loved deer hunting.infact he would have turned 80 on the 26th of oct. miss him for sure. :(

Very sorry for the loss of your son.

Still, that is a great story. Sounds like your new hunting buddy is gonna be a lot of fun. Congratulations on that and the doe.

:hatsoff:
Spot

Good on ya for gettin' them kids out in the woods. :hatsoff: That boy will love hearing all of those stories about his dad hunting with you.

Back