• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New reenactment circle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I understand that a persona of a non-soldier does not fit good in Civil War reenactment. Are there groups that do any reenactment were an character of post-civil war would be welcome to participate as an ex-spy/guerilla/mercernary type guy. Perhaps very very early cowboy groups? Wanna carry my cap and ball colts and sharpes but dont wanna dress in no uniforme. Regulator groups maybe? Any information would be appreciated.

John Brown
William Quantrill
William T. (Bloody Bill) Anderson?

Y'all could go raid Lawrence again......

Quantrill and Anderson is my kind of Cowboy Action Shooters. They are the only Jayhawkers that we approve of.

Quantril was a Buckeye and Anderson was from anywhere but Kansas. I don't believe either one of them could be considered Jayhawkers. They were killing Jayhawkers, if I remember right. Correct me if I am wrong. It wouldn't be the first time and it probably won't be the last. :grin:

Yes, Anderson grew up in Missouri, but he sure helped clean the riff-raff outta Lawrence. Those of us from the west end of the state figger it wouldnt hurt if they came back and did it again.

CAS isn't exactly reenacting. It's dressing up like old time cowboys and shooting live ammo at steel targets.

There is a group in Lexington, Virginia called the Blue Ridge Regulators. Emailed them and waiting on an answer to how they run their game. Might possibly be what im looking for. Though shooting live ammo is considerably better than burning just powder.

Actually the CW reenactments around here use alot of civilian roles. The CSA records show that "scouts" in civilian dress were used, plus there are merchants, doctors, local farmers, etc...Several guerilla outfits did not wear uniforms...and the Texas Rangers fought for the CSA in pretty much western dress...alot of folks went armed in those days in the south and west, military or not. We have two "civilians" in our CSA artillery unit.

Mikey the Barbarian said:
Are there groups that do any reenactment were an character of post-civil war would be welcome to participate as an ex-spy/guerilla/mercernary type guy. Any information would be appreciated.

How about the Indian Wars (1870's)
[url] http://www.reenactor.net/1870-1900/org.html[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Musketman said:
Mikey the Barbarian said:
Are there groups that do any reenactment were an character of post-civil war would be welcome to participate as an ex-spy/guerilla/mercernary type guy. Any information would be appreciated.

How about the Indian Wars (1870's)
[url] http://www.reenactor.net/1870-1900/org.html[/url]
WOW! A forward to my site. Too bad that time period isn't super up to speed. Anyone wanna take it over??
Marsh
:v

Last edited by a moderator:
Back