• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new rifle+two squirrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newtothis

40 Cal.
Reaction score
spent the day in the woods. by the time i found a decent spot it was nearly noon and the wind was picking up. saw three, shot twice, killed two. i dont know a heck of a lot about this gun, other than it was hand made, and the barrel is supposedly about a hundred years old,i think 32 inches, but i dont know for sure. its a .38 cal, shootin a .375 rb with a denim patch and thirty grains of pyrodex. its shootin three inches low and two to the left, and i havnt got around to adjusting sights yet, so i had to shoot with a holdover which made headshots kinda hard.nevertheless this gun shoots very well. groups with all the shots touching, and is just sweet to fire. these are my first muzzleloader kills. shot one square in the butt and the other in the throat. i have never been so proud of two squirrels in my life. thank you guys for all of your help and information. i think its safe to say im hooked. :grin: oh and the pistol is a .410 smoothbore flinter.

100_0207.jpg

100_0208.jpg

100_0209.jpg

100_0210.jpg

100_0213.jpg

Sounds like a great day in the woods and you did a fine job, congratulations !
:hatsoff:

Great story and your smoke poles look just fine. :thumbsup:
Congrats on the pix and story. :hatsoff:
Dusty :wink:

This is what the world is all about. Getting the next generation out there doing and hunting!!!! :thumbsup:

You young guys keep it up and keep encouraging each other. Us old gezzers aren't going to be around that much longer, so it's going to be up to you to keep on enjoying the wonders.

I can't encourage you enough. Great job!

thanks guys. i cant wait to get back out there with it. headin to a friends house to try adjusting my sights. yall take care.

Back