• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronMan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Picked up a new(to me)rifle at the gunshow Sunday. Cabela's .54 Traditional Hawken (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jhtml?id=0006567210042a&type=product&cmCat=cchart_trd_blk_pwdr_rfl)
Paid $130 for it. They had it marked $175 as I was looking at it I noticed the adjustment screw and spring was missing from the rear site. Showed the man and he said he would let me have it for $150. Started digging in my pockets and found I had only $130 left. He muttered a bit and said ok you can have it. I dont want to take it home. I think I did ok :thumbsup:
Now all I gotta do is fix the rear sight and get some .530 balls and make smoke :D

IronMan

Ironman-

I may have you beat, though your rifle is new. I bought a T/C Renegade stock on eBay (and dropped a new barrel into it. Paid a bit too much overall, not the point). Went to a local gunshop to get some .54 roundballs and some advice, and the owner pulled out a barely used .50 Renegade to demonstrate recoil pads (no thanks). As he put it away, I asked him the price. $100, sling included. Bought it on the spot.

Good barrel, case-coloring 100%. Put the GM barrel on it instead of the eBay model. Sweet. Now I have a matched pair of Renegades, a long 1x70 .54 and a short 1x48 .50. Good thing I'm not married, I'd have a lot of explaining to do.

Here's to being in the right place at the right time. Fortune favors the prepared. :thumbsup:

Sounds like somebody was in Tulsa this weekend :)Joe Wannamachers gunshow was always a good place to get good deals on a Sunday.You did very well,I have one of those rifles,a flintlock,and it shoots real nice.The same folks who make the Lyman rifles make those for Cabela's.

Latest posts

Back