• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Ruger old army

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stubert

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just found a Ruger old army 7.5" blued with adjustable sights at my local gun shop. Gun was on the used rack but looks to be unfired, I can't see any lines scratched around the cyl. Picked it up for $299. The person who traded it in had it on his carry permit so I can't pick it up until my supplement gets signed by the judge (about 2 weeks)

Congratulations on the great find! Sounds like a good deal, and I would expect the price on the ROAs to increase as Ruger dropped them from production....at least for a while. Emery

That's a really good deal on a really fine gun. You will find the ROA to be an accurate, reliable piece. One suggestion: call Ruger next week and order a couple of extra sets of nipples and the correct nipple wrench. Unless you are 2 years old, that should keep the thing operating for a lifetime. :wink: Ruger can also tell you when it was made if that is of interest.

Enjoy, Jeff

Back