• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new to group

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampfox2008

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Im new to muzzleloading but very interested am deciding now what tradional muzzleloader I wish to purchase live in pa

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. Just do a bit of reading of posts on the type of black powder firearm you are interested in (percussion, flintlock, pre-flint, pistol, etc) and then if you still have questions just ask them. Someone will answer and try to help you.

Bearhound,
Welcome to the MLF,great having you with us.
Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here.
My advice would be to read,read & read all you can on the forum.
Visit often and contribute when you can.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Welcome. When I built my first rifle I bought every muzzleloader catalogue I could find. Then I researched Penna. gunmakers of my time period. Every area has it's own style or "school", and then I decided what area I wanted my gun to be from. George Shumway has written some excellent books on the subject, look his work up. Also check Track of the Wolf,Log Cabin Shop, Cabin
Creek Muzzleloading and TVM. I'm in the Lancaster,PA area,if you wish to e-mail me I can point you in other directions.

Bearhound said:
Im new to muzzleloading but very interested am deciding now which tradional muzzleloaders I wish to purchase live in pa

^^^ there, I fixed it for ya. :grin:

Welcome aboard Bearhound! :hatsoff:

Welcome Bearhound! From what I have read you gents in Pennslyvania are only alowed by law to hunt with Flintlocks...you might keep that in mind...

Bearhound,
Glad to have you on the forum.There are volumes of good information on all types of muzzleloaders,
so digest all you want!

Back