• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Newbie in Northeast Louisiana

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocTravis

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello from NE Louisiana.

I'm glad to find the forum as I have a lot to learn and there is a lot of valuable info here. I've been shooting and reloading for 35 years but never tried black powder guns.

I've shot competition high power rifle, Steel Challenge, USPSA, skeet and trap but cut way back on shooting about 15 years ago when my kids were born. Now they are teenagers and don't have much time for me, so I'm getting back into shooting. My son does like to shoot and hunt, but he's not as "into" it as I am.

I'm very interested in gun building, in fact, I'm watching "How to Build a Hawken" as I am reading the forum. I have a full machine shop and want to build a gun this year.

I got a Ruger Old Army and Pedersoli Brown Bess at auction. Going to shoot the Ruger for the first time tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes...

Doc Travis

Back