• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Newest new Guy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blkpwdernut

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello and that I was referred from another board where I go by the same handle.
I just recently rejoined the blackpowder world after a 10 year hiatus and am having a ball. I purchased a Lyman GPR .54 flintlock a week ago and have had it out to the range twice, I'm having a little trouble getting used to the flash and the long lock time.

Welcome Blkpwdernut! I also shoot a GPR and they are great guns. There is tons of information in this forum on how to eliminate that long lock time that you are experiencing. :thumbsup:

BPN,

Welcome to TMF, and prepare yourself for a fun & informative time!

:redthumb:

Lehigh County, propa longarms.

Blkpwdernut,.... WELCOME!!... to the best muzzleloading forum on the web!! :applause: ::

I'm sure you'll find plenty here to "peak" yore muzzleload'n innerests!! :thumbsup:

YMHS
rollingb

Welcome to the forum and back to the real world of shooting. It's more fun with blackpowder.

Blkpwdernut,
welcome to the forum glad to have you with us
hope you will join in and contribute whenever
you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup: :)

Huzzah Huzzah! Welcome to the Fire! Glad to have you around.

You'll get used to that flash; just keep holding her on target. You won't even notice by deer season!

I hope so, I have owned nothing but caplocks in the past but decided to give the flintlock a whirl just to see what it was like. I really like the rifle the lines are graceful and the fit and finish is awesome so far I've only had 3 flash in the pans in 50 shots and all of them were my fault.
Was gonna take it out again today but as usual the weatherman was wrong and it is misty and a little windy (I like to takle one thing at a time). Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy in the morning then clear off and hit 65 degrees with little or no wind so I will probably go to the range after I drop the dog off at the vet.

Welcome Blkpwdernut to the best muzzloading site on the net, hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :thumbsup: :redthumb:

welcome to the fire. now that you've been bitten by the flint bug the next step is a smoothbore. glad to have you aboard.
pieman

smoothbores rock!!!!!

You USED to be the newest new guy, now I am! Welcome! I'm building a GPR and hope to use it this summer.

Welcome to the forum, and don't give up on the flinter. Once you get used to it, and you will, you'll be adddicted.

Welcome to the fire.Glad to see another member from Kansas here.If you're looking for places to shoot check out www.Talking-Bear.com for events in our part of the country.

I've been to his site and what I saw was very interesting. Would love to try my hand at doing the rendevous thing unfortunately with the price of gasoline and the consumption rate of my '74 Chevy truck my excursions and distance are limited for a while.

Welcome Blkpwdernut,
Glad to have you here with us on the forum.

IM jaybe :thumbsup:

Welcome
BPnut.jpg

Say your old chevy has consumption?
according to ask Jeeves consumption is,
Consumption is an old name for tuberculosis (TB) that describes how the illness wastes away or consumes its victims.
I had to drive my old pick up for a 4 hour trip last week it felt like it was consuming me from the tail bone to the neck bone, maybe it got consumption too. :what:
Bill

Back