• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Newly onboard living in NC

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love everything to do with black powder!

Just retired after 37 years as an airline pilot.

My layovers allowed me to check out local gun dealers all over the world where I acquired quite a nice collection.

My interests lie mainly in the years 1700-1900 as black powder tech evolved from muzzleloading into paper or brass cartridge and finally smokeless. I own many muzzleloaders of the period both actual and repros, however my main obsession is with the early cartridge breechloaders of the 1850’s through 1870’s as the colonial powers vied for superiority of arms.

Now that I am a gentleman of leisure I look forwards to getting back into restoring and creating loads for my collections and visiting my range more often. I joined this site to meet fellow enthusiasts, share information and also to sell some of my collection. I now have to face the other half on a daily basis and darned if she isn’t winning the logic arguments on why I need so many toys.

Jeff

Welcome!! NC here as well but at 67 I'm still working, when I want to, real estate sales lets me do that!!

Enjoy the good life!!

I just started a small business myself to keep me out of trouble. Federal law that an airline pilot cannot fly for an air carrier after their 65th birthday.

I didn’t go willingly and it makes no sense as they desperately need experienced pilots.

Welcome to the forum from Brunswick county. Congratulations on the retirement. I am now on final approach for mine as well.

Back