• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nice Squirrly morning

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tg

Cannon
Reaction score
left the house at 9:00am and was back at 11:15,(less than ten minute drive each way) walked along some narrow heavily covered Oak. maple and ash woodlots that are adjacent to 20 acres of Hazelnuts, I saw three squirrels and took three shots used replica .58 Fuzzee from Tulle armoury, 50gr 3f over powder card, half a cushion wad, 1 1/8 oz 7 1/2 shot and an over shot card, one was sitting evidently thinking he was hid...(his bad) the other two fidgeted around in the Oaks for a moment then broke and ran along the limbs to acces another tree, just like wingshooting as thhey ran along the limbs, the nearby airport started to liven up with glider flights and touch and go training so the noise got pretty bad to try and listen for the squirrels so I gave up, this happems now and then in the fall on nice days, I had a chopper full of Army reserves flyover me VERY low once when deer hunting and still wonder what they thought they saw...and if the M60's hanging out the doors had live rounds in them :shocked2: All and all it is a good place to hunt in the fall and winter and I pretty much have exclusive hunting rights, below is the days results. Fox. Fox with pure white belly, hybrids, whatevers...great shooting and in the freezer for some Squirrel and dumplings this winter, lots of fresh deer sign and nest Sat is the opener.

sqrlhunt.jpg

sqrlhunt2.jpg

I thought I had better shoot something, else someone might make more remarks about my lack of experience in actual ML hunting, I probably could have taken a couple more had I chosen to deal with the noise but three was enough for a nice batch of squirrel & dumplins some cold rainy Sunday this winter so I quit there, thanks for the kind words,and compliments. It had started to warm up pretty fast also and I thought I might just take of my shirt and continue to hunt, but the thought of some antiquated obsenity law might be a problem if I were observed in only leggins, clout, and mocs. :(

Back