• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

No More CO "statewide" ml tags

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longcruise

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Apparently there will no longer be "statewide" ml tags for Colorado. All ml tags will be unit specific. No breakdown yet on how the units may combine for larger areas, but hopefully it will be similar to the way the deer tags are done.

Certainly changes the overall "strategy" of planning license apps!

Thanks for the heads up. Will be there either elk bow or muzzleloader this year.(fingers crossed) :) Larry Wv

Thanks for the heads up. Will be there either elk bow or muzzleloader this year.(fingers crossed) Larry Wv

There will be tags of course but all ml elk tags have always been by application and now they will also be unit specific. The reason for the "quotes" around "statewide" is because there were never any actual statewide tags but those called "statewide were good in a very large part of the western half of the state. Now you will have to apply for a specific game management unit (usually good in more than one unit).

Archery elk tags have always been available over the counter and will continue to be so except in limited units requiring an application.

no more bullet length restrictions!!!

I did not see that!

So, now the guys who hunt elk with .50 cals will be able to shoot 650 and 750 grain bullets and the guys with .54 cals can shoot 800 and 900 grain bullets. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Changing MLing elk licenses to GMU specific is a good management tool...my only complaint is that Colorado now joins many other western states that "rip off" the non-resident hunters by increasing the license fees by a whole lot. Most of the states are hurting as far as finances and the western states are leading the way in bilking non-resident hunters through greatly increased license fees. My state of Wisconsin has financial problems also but we don't try to solve our problems at the expense of the non-resident hunters. The greedy western states hopefully will experience a decline in non-resident hunters and the lack of funds will be a "wake up" call to the wildlife managers and state legisltures of these greedy states.....Fred

Think I was about asleep when I posted. :redface: Been hunting co since mid 80s. Yes the out of state tags are crazy. Expect out of staters will be required to have a guide in a few years. That is when I go some where else. Larry Wv

Back