• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Not geese but almost as big.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patocazador

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I went out in my boat today to hang a stand near a river for bow season Sat. Finished pretty quick so I went to look for some rails again. Instead I found two huge muscovy ducks swimming towards shore in an isolated area.
I cut the motor off and came to a stop about 25 yards from them and they started swimming hard for shore. I shot the right barrel and killed the white one and winged the black one. The second barrel had no perceived effect on it but it was then about 35 yards out (cylinder bores).

A Keystone Cops scene unfolded as I dug out my shooting bag, spilled all the OP and OS cards all over, spilled a third of the shot, etc. but I finally paddled close enough as my dog was chasing it out of emergent weeds. The shot was about 15-20 yards this time and it worked. My dog tried her best to climb into the boat with that duck in her mouth but it was not possible. I grabbed her and then the duck and hoisted them in.

These things were huge .. about 6+ pounds each.

Please excuse my messy barn.

BTW, muscovy ducks are feral exotics in Florida and there are no restrictions to killing them .. just like hogs.

Latest posts

Back