• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Not getting to hunt......@#$%^&!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrimsonTide

32 Cal.
Reaction score
This weekend is Kentucky's Early Muzzleloader season. It is a two day affair, Saturday and Sunday.

I called my hunting partner this morning and he said he couldn't hunt on Saturday, but that he could on Sunday. Crud! says I, because I can only hunt on Saturday. I have to work on Sundays.

Oh well, I figure my wife would hunt with me, so I called her and asked if she wanted to hunt on Saturday. Sure, says she, but your boy has a football game at 12:45 on Saturday.

WELL....my, my, my. I went without deer hunting for about ten years on account of football. But I was playing then. Now my son's football is keeping the vermin deer safe....

It is nearly too much.

I really wanted to get my little .45 Cherokee up and running. Had plans to fling a PRB at a Kentucky deer this weekend.

Oh well.

Centerfire season is coming next month.

Hopefully football season will be over by then.

Just use your muzzle loader during center fire season. That is what I am doing!

Well, there is the matter of the late muzzleloader season. It is on up in december and follows the centerfire season. Hopefully by then I will have had a chance to get sighted in, and be ready to go with my rifle.

I was just looking forward to hunting the early season because for whatever reason, I am very excited about hunting this year. I feel like a kid these days.

Why do you need a partner? Why don't you hunt the morning and come home for the game? Football games start at what? one in the afternoon? You would have almost half a day.

If not a morning solo hunt, hows about an evening hunt? How long is his game? Might be able to head out into the woods right afterwards.

My favored hunting grounds are about an hour and a half away. I guess his game would only last an hour and a half or so, but I hate to rush a hunt. I can wait.

Several years ago one of my best buddies got married during deer season. He asked me to be a groomsman. He was one of my groomsmen. I had to do it.
But deer season is only so many days a year. First light is around 6:00. The wedding was at 11:30. I went huntin'. :grin:
Killed a young buck at 7:00. Up to my elbows in innards at 7:30. All cleaned up, in a tux and at the church by 11:00 with meat hangin' in the garage. :thumbsup:

You could hunt first light until 10:30 and still show up at the game in time. That's a good solid morning of huntin', hardly a "rushed" hunt. I'd go.

Personally if you only get ONE day of hunting a year the game would have to go....Im sure you will catch the rest.

Back