• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

novice build along

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john4645

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Tomorrow I plan on getting started on a mark silver virginia kit from chambers. This is my first kit except 1 GPR. I was wondering if you guys would like me to take pics and post my progress so you can see how a kit is build by a first timer. This way I also can ask questions along the way. Don't worry you wont hurt my feelings if you think that this is stupid or not necessary. Let me know what you think.

Sounds like a good Idea. First thing you do is un breech the barrel and fit the breech end to the wood so you get good contact all around the end. :thumbsup:

I, for one, would love to see the pictures!
Wish I had tons of advice to share, but I am on my first kit as well. Enjoy!
Flinter987

John:
Listen to Mike Brooks, if he is willing to help you along with this, and you do what he suggests, you'll have a fine gun when you are done.

Back