• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Now Deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I am having a bit of an epic hunting season in 2015, 2 elk tags, a bear tag, deer tag, and an antelope tag. All to be hunted with my .54cal English sporting rifle (flintlock) I failed on the bull elk tag, got a small bear, was skunked my first try at antelope (but still have to the end of the month to try.

And tonight I head to Maybell Co. To spend 3 days hunting deer with my Wife, Son, and Cousin. They all shoot new fangled guns but I'm working on um :wink:

We saw maybe 12-14 bucks, Did 4 stalks on a total of 7 bucks my son missed his 1st ever shot at a deer, but I got both he and my wife to within 150 yards of nice bucks. I never Uncased my gun. I was so busy helping them.

First day done two to go.

Back