• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

np photo but i got a doe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel collums

45 Cal.
Reaction score
i got a big doe soon as it got light this morning, had to rush home skin it out and get to work so i didnt have time for photos. 54 t/c hawken with a prb and 80grs ffg, range 30 feet. hit her right behind front leg, took out everything and ball kept going. ball hit a rib going and coming. from the exit hole size it didn't look like it flattened any. saw a hog and a few more deer but they were to far to shoot at through the trees. going this afternoon if i get back in time and try for a hog.

Congrats on your doe you cant eat antlers anyway.
Take some pics if you get a hog.
Cant hunt hogs in Kansas the powers to be made it illegal.

didnt make it home from work in time to get a late hunt. i sure wanted to but we were burning a 40 acre track of cut over timber land getting it ready to do a replant next month and had to stay till it died down enough to leave. tomorrows a new day and a great holiday so because of the efforts of our soldiers we get to do things that would not be without their sacrifice.

I'm good at them long range shots. I'm just glad she came up from behind me on my left side. I was sure she was going to bolt when i cocked the hammer, strange thing i never even heard a sound till she was right beside me.

Back