• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NV ML elk season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrmflintlock

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well my elk hunt officially ends today, but I am done for 2015.

No I did not get an elk this year but I had a great time with a new friend looking for the elusive Wapiti. We searched High and low in this new country I live in now and only saw one lone bull elk. My buddy Graciously played bird dog and pushed through every stand of aspen while I hiked the ridges hoping he would flush some cows up to me! It would have worked if there would have been cows in the area, but alas there were none.

We saw a whole lot of deer, mostly does, that I were within range of my flintlock more than once, so we would not have starved. We saw a few small bucks and one nice little 4x5. We saw 3 different red foxes and a half dozen sage grouse as we climbed the open ridges. The coyotes serenaded us at night and we ate great food and drank good beer!

My buddy proved to be very skilled at spotting deer across the wide open canyons! He had never been big game hunting and I don't think the fact that we did not kill anything will not deter him. After all its not about the killing but about the over all experience. I think he will remember the experience for a long time. I know I will. Thanks Bill!!

Bill took this picture of me as we climbed the tall open ridges, glassing the aspen stands below. I kinda like it! :)

Sounds like you had a good time and have some great memories. :thumbsup:

Back