• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NY trip

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mart

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Looks like I am finally going to make it back to my old stomping grounds during hunting season. I will be back in NY (St Lawrence County) for Thanksgiving. I know the rifle season is on at that time but thought I would send my little Lyman deerstalker 50 ahead to my dad's house and hunt a little while we are there.

Where is a good place to get Goex powder and #11 primers in the area? Dad lives near Gouverneur. He said he would round up powder and primers if he knew were to go for them.

Is there any issue legally with using a muzzleloader during the regular season?

My wife and I are headed to the Kenai River for some red salmon fishing for a few days so won't be on the computer for a while. Thanks in advance for the help.

Mart

Mart,
Have him call some of the bait shops in Alex. Bay.
They may have some. If not, Have him check around Watertown and/or Pulaski. I've gotten powder in Watertown before (years ago..), someone will have it.
Have him try this place in Colton...
TOMAHAWK POINT ROD & GUN
89 County Route 58
Colton, New York
315-262-2106
Or Contact Us At: [email protected]
Good Luck,
Bob

there's a muzzleoader season in N.Y. but i'v used my muzzleloader in gun season too :v .................bob

Call ahead for anyplace in NY you expect to find blackpowder. The powers that be have made it all but impossible for businesses to store it. It is unobtainable in Broome County unless shipped to your home from a distribution center like[url] www.powderinc.com[/url]

Muzzleloading rifles that are legal for the muzzleloading season (single barrel, single shot, .44 cal or larger) are legal in NY for the regular season where there is a regular firearm season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back