• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Obituary for Miss Sally Jane Doe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Miss Doe was pronounced dead this morning shortly after 08:15. She was traveling South across a frequently traveled route when she was struck by a speedy .54 cal. round ball. The round ball was traveling at a high rate of speed being driven by 100grns. of ffg Goex.

As I started to climb down from the stand another doe streaked across the other side of the dead game plot with another nice buck on her heels.

Tomorrow morning is the opening of regular gun season here in Tn. I've got the 11 year old Grandson spending the night tonight and we are going after them in the morning. I hope he gets a pop at the bigun' .

What a beautiful hunting spot! Wouldn't mind sitting there all morning even without the chance of a shot at a deer.

Congrats! I remember many a night spent with extended family in preparation for the big hunt. Fond, fond memories. Good on ya, sir! :hatsoff:

Outstanding...they always taste better when there's round balls involved! :wink:

Thanks Guys 👍 The Grandson and I went after em' but didn't have any luck. The wind was really high and swirling . It was the first time out this year that I didn't see a deer. I didn't want to keep him out too long without seeing something I sure don't want to bore him. As for the hunting spot it is located on top of an East & West running ridge where several other ridges run into the main ridge The pic taken from the distance was made from my ladder stand it over looks what was a small green plot There is also a small water hole located within 30 yards of the stand. With the hot &dry weather we have been having lately the water makes it especially a good spot along with several White Oaks scattered about. The pics are quite deceiving the property surrounding the area is really thick. This area has been groomed over the last 6 years.

Congrats on the deer. Oh my word, what a beautiful place to hunt! I'm like Sgterv in that I could enjoy just sitting there even if a deer never showed up. There may be a spot in Texas like yours but I'll be danged if I know where it is. You just can't beat the woods in places like Tenn, Alabama, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, etc. :thumbsup:

Ms. Doe brought it on herself and I have no sympathy for her. She should've learned "Dodge ball". :hatsoff:

The Bucks around here know that game. :redface: :shake: But we shall meet again...unless some lucky soul gets him before I do! I'm a firm believer in every dog has its day. :wink:

That's a fine looking doe. Granddads like you are the best! Hope your grandson gets the big one. Nice gun also. Care to share any info on it? Dan.

Good eats. :thumbsup: Grats.

Good luck to your grandson. Hope he gets one.

It was crazy windy here all day today and half of yesterday too. I was out all day yesterday and again this afternoon, saw a biggun twice but couldn't get a shot at him. Tomorrow is supposed to be really light wind all day. Looking forward to that.

Cool Good Luck to ya'. I've had plenty of opportunities but so for this is the only success . I've seen some good ones though. :hatsoff:

SMO..Your hard work and time are paying you back..
Atta Boy!!!..Love the view
Woods time with grand kids is awesome!You lucky Dog!
Hunt On!

Back