• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ohio

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiWayMan

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Any blackpowder handgun is a no-no in Ohio if I'm reading the regs correctly.

And I was going to use that as an excuse to help justify a new 1858 Remington. Oh well....I'll figure out another way to justify it.

I think an 1858 would be about perfect for groundhogs. Should do a number on rabbits and raccoon too. Squirrel would be a little too much for me.

I read an article on Bass pro's web site promoting rabbit hunting with bp revolvers. From what the story talked about it sounds like it would be fun.

You can hunt small game with them. You just can't carry as a backup. That's typical with a lot of states.
I'm glad to be in Alaska. If you don't carry a handgun here folks think you're wierd.
:grin:

HD

Back