• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

old school speed loader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armymedic.2

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I made this but didn't put it in the craftsman section because i just wanted to pass the idea for its use to someone who might think like me.

when im deer hunting mostly i stalk, and the horn and bag feel great, but sneaking under barb wire and through prickers quietly is a pain with all the extra's hanging from me.

now when i spot a deer in a field i dump the bag and horn, and slip this bad boy into my back pocket. talk about traveling light! what freedom! you can bring your little primer too, or just prime with some of your main charge if the safety issue doesn't bother you.

a shot in the barrel, the one ready in my antler, and my tomohawk is all i ever figure i need quickly. worse case scenario i go back and grab my other gear after the initial encounter.
i know speedloaders are nothing new but i hate plastic and pipe, paper can come unraveled or rip, this ones good to go.

photobucket-40356-1355360235066.jpg

photobucket-41552-1355360256694.jpg

a small pattern lets me know which gun its for and keeps it easy. enjoy!

I killed a couple of days last weel making several sets of measures for my friends and I. It never occured to me to add a patch and ball loader.

Let me ask , did you relieve a place to center over the muzzle? Is that a test tube cork or a wooden plug? I can see that I'll be busy coming up with a version of your idea.

what cal. and powder charge is yours! Thanks that is so neat! Geo. T

Really nice job, and great idea gonna have to make one of those. :applause: :applause:

Thanks guys.

It is a cork. The hole is a little over 1/2 inch wide so i felt cork was the best way to plug it. It is very secure and doesnt come out unless pulled

The antler is not relieved. The ball is out just enough its easy to sit it on barrel and thumb it in.

Charge is 80 ffg . 62 caliber.

Obviously you need a decent buck to work with for the bigger calibers.

Armymedic.2 that is pure genius and absolutely perfect for it's simplicity! Now I'll be busy looking for sheds this spring. I have heard of some boiling the antler and digging out the softened innards, but I assume you drilled your holes? Either way, what a great idea. Thanks

Latest posts

Back