• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Ole Nelly" draws blood

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Swamp Rat, yer the man!
:hatsoff:

I thought I had a nice little place to shoot from under a little open sided pole shelter, but that place you're shooting out of looks great...let the wind howl and the sleet rattle...just shoot away...the only thing better would be an electrically operated target holder....er...uh...or do you have that too??? :grin:

Oh yeah my club has sound issues with neighboring houses. We are forced to shoot from inside, basically a three car garage type thing and the pistol guys have their own "garage" too. It is kinda compfy though hehe. :thumbsup:

Thats a .570 ball with.024 bear/deer tallow lubed patch on top of 90 gr of 3F. The gun absolutely loves that load. :thumbsup:

Swamp Rat said:
Thats a .570 ball with.024 bear/deer tallow lubed patch on top of 90 gr of 3F. The gun absolutely loves that load. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that ought`a do it. Ole Nelly's middle name ought to be "Thumpin". :haha:

:hatsoff: CONGRATS!.............8:30 am you say?..............that'd be 9:30 up here ...........I think I heard you shoot.... :grin: :grin: :wink :
Soggy

Way to go Swamprat, good to get a little blood on that new smokeshooter! Fine looking doe. :thumbsup:

:bow: Nice Doe and a beauty of a rifle.

I noticed on your video you have excellent follow through on your shot. That is alot harder to have on a flinter.

Latest posts

Back