• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

On Kickin a dead Horse...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoShadows

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Ah don't wanna be kickin no dead horse, but have u ever?.....kicked a dead horse?...seems kinda after the fact and somewhat disrespectful to me....

Never kicked a dead horse, but I've kicked a dead mule!

I loved that old mule. I rode it all over the mountains of Kentucky; on my trap line, squirrel hunting, ginseng hunting, and just about every where. It up and died on me, for no reason. I guess I shouldn't kicked it, but it was out of grief.

I even used it for plowing and pulling wood to the house for heating and the cook stove. My work sure picked up after it was gone.

I think it is a good idea to kick a dead horse to make sure it is dead for if the horse is not really dead it may get up and hoove you to death, as we all know most people are killed by "dead" horses.

seen a feller kick a dead horse once..,,it wer a shame, see'ins how it wern't worth nothin anyways,,
,mights well put it ta rest,. it's a chore,,but if ya leave it lay,,it'll stink.
Need ta bury it deep,,,, an be dun with it!
elst wise critters'll dig it up, an it'll stink all over again an be scattered,,
Bury'm deep whare they lay,,an be dun.

I haven't kicked a dead horse, but I heard about a couple of Arabs riding their camel across the desert when all of a sudden it fell to the ground.
After looking at it for a while one of them hauled off and gave a mighty kick, right in its stomach.
The "dead" camel made a giant F*rt so large it created a small sand storm. As the sand was settling the camal stood up, ready to go.
The kicker looked at the other Arab and said "Just as I thought! Vapor lock!!!"

Back