• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

One down one to go

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Called in my buddies cow sat night, Should have been my wifes but she was pinned down and coulden't move because I also called in the herd bull. A big six by six that stood over the top of her looking for me just behing her cow calling.
We had a gauntlet set up in a funnel with three cow tags.
I diden't pull a tag this year so I'm stuck with being DADA, camp gripe,pack out gripe and guide.
:haha:
Good year, I have put my wife on elk every day with many close but no cigar chances.
Not her fault hunting is skill with a ton of luck.
Hopefully before weeks out I get to post some pics of a big healthy fat cow.

Hey Greenmtnboy,

Nice going. Sounds like you're doing all you can do, I guess you just keep at it and either it'll work out or it won't - better to be ready and not get the opportunity than get the opportunity and not be ready.

I'm bettin' on a full freezer though. :grin:

Is yer gal shootin' one'a them left-handed Lemans?

:hatsoff:
Spot

Sounds like you been havin' a good hunt so far. :thumbsup: Good luck fillin' the wife's tag. :hatsoff:

Excellent! Good luck on number 2 :shocked2: ....you know what I mean :rotf:
Idaho PRB

Well last day last light, dead elk.
The old lady nailed her cow at 20 yrds with her 50 cal PRB went 20 more yrds and piled up.
As soon as I figure out why my camera craped out I should be able to post pics of big smiles and a fat cow.

Congrat's :thumbsup:
These new fangled electronic cameras sure can be frustrating, can't they? Hope you get it figured out & post some pic's.

Back