• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Only 10 More Days ....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patocazador

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Until gobbler season opens here. I got very lucky and nabbed a permit for a hard-to-get area yesterday.

I have a pretty good load of 1 3/8 oz. of #5 Cu shot in a cut-off plastic cup that I taped the petals closed. It gives a really tight pattern at 25-30 yards. I just hope I can call one in that close. :hmm:

Good luck to you , I will be after my first BP Turkey's this season. I'm Will be looking for head shots with with my .32 flinter , our season starts the 15th....

,,,,Sam,,,,,

Glad we can use PRB where I'm hunting cause I don't own a smoothbore yet. Good luck on your hunt will be looking for the pics.....

,,,,Sam,,,,

We have 4 weeks, until spring gobbler. Today, I stopped in to a LGS, and was amazed to find a custom long rifle, setting in the gun rack. It was a 36 caliber, Douglas barrel, DGW lock. Finish and build job, was far from perfect, but I think I can redo, to make it into a fine rifle. I don't have a sooth bore, so this will be the gun of choice. Might get some pictures, tomorrow. I wish it was flintlock. I might try to convert, when I get to that stage, but for now, I'm cleaning it up, and taking it to the range. Gobbles were out in full strut, today. I saw three fields of turkeys, maybe 30-40 per field. It was the nicest day, this year, and the fields are greening up.

Back