• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Opening Day Turkey Season !!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Hunted til noon, never heard a gobble all morning, never saw a beard...had 4 big healthy hens ease out of the treeline into a little 2 acre green field I was sitting...about 40-50 yards away foraged around the field for about 30 minutes before easing back off into the treeline...but there wasn't a beard with them.

Heard 5 separate shots off in the distance on neighboring properties around me, but yours truly had no Flintlock to clean

It's no fun taggin' out on opening day! :grin: There will be Toms with the hens soon. Have fun.

Glad your after them roundball! Our Indiana season opens the 22nd. I worked up a good load for my New Englander after alot of work. Can't wait to get after those Thunder-chickens like you! Best of luck. :thumbsup:

:applause: Ohio season opens a week from tomorrow and my
smoothy is ready to do it's thing. I trust you will connect soon!
Happy hunting. :thumbsup:
Dusty :wink:

It was calm and quiet this morning...sitting the edge of a small green field where I'd seen 4 hens Saturday...hoped they'd be back with a Tom in tow.
At first light I heard one gobble a few hundred yards away, deep back in the woods that are adjacent to the field...answered back but no response.
A few minutes later around 7:15 he gobbled again, answered him again, and never heard another sound...maybe he had hens with him by then.
At 9:30, a hen went flying over the treetops where I was sitting...left at noon.

Back