• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ought to have been different

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikev

Pilgrim
Reaction score
That's what Jeremiah Johnson said in response to a question from Del Gue in a movie known to all. My sons-in-law got me to put down my flinters and take up black guns, synthetics, ARs, Steyr bullpups and such. I did this to foster a bond with these boys but I gotta tell ya, all the BS going on in this country with such firearms has raised my blood pressure and made me an angry man. Shooting became a political issue and I became a raving lunatic.

It may be wrong to say, but I quit. I plumb got wore out demonstrating and arguing and feeling enraged and disenfranchised all the time. I'll send 'em my money to help out and I'll write my reps, for all the good that does, but boys, I have gone back to shooting my good ole flinters and I am a happy man for the first time in 3 years.

I love the smell of black powder in the morning, and I sure did miss sitting in the woods with a smoothbore. Nice to be back.

Glad to have you back. My Dad is a real supporter of our 2nd ammendment right as envisioned by our forfathers. "Every man should be allowed to have a flintlock musket". :thumbsup:

Powder, patch, and brother ball, along with flint shall conquer all! :thumbsup:

Welcome back to the Real World Of Shooting! It doesn't take a lot of skill to shoot those black guns plus they are too expensive, IMHO. Glad you came back to the fold with the real back powder rifles. Now go shoot that smoothbore!!.

I simply say, those who would like me to give up my firearms black powder or other, they can have them, but they will have to kill me first! :2
Welcome back!

Back