• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Out with the 45.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having a blast using ball and shot.
Great little capper this 45 smooth rifle :thumbsup:

Check the photos.

The flowers are wild garlic. Smells lovely.

Lastly, got a sharp eyed crow.

B :hatsoff:

Small caliber smoothbores are impressive, aren't they? And you are very good at demonstrating that. :grin:

Season up some of the lovely game with the wild garlic, it's delicious. Might even make the crow a bit more tasty. :wink:

Spence

Brit, You never cease to amaze me, both with your stories and with your photos. Do you eat crows? Both wild garlic and wild onions grow here as does wild asparagus. What did Jess think about the squirrel? Keep yer powder dry.......robin :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
A great post with beautiful photos, yet, no load description? :nono:

Come on Brit' what kind of load brought this game to the bag? :thumbsup:

Thank you for taking us along, friend, Skychief :hatsoff:

Thanks all.

The loads used were 20gr of very fine black (4f). A thin card and 2 thin wet with oil leather wad. .440" ball and card on top.

The shot loads were 5/8oz of shot and equal amount of fine powder. Wadded the same as the ball.

B.

That's why I like the .45 for a one gun hunter (though not me). It works with deer and it works with squirrel - but not with the same loads. A deer load with turn a squirrel into confetti and a squirrel load might kill the deer but it also just might make him angry.

Back