• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pa Public Shooting Ranges

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishBob

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have been to the Pa Game Commission web site and found that there are public ranges in Carbon and Monroe counties. The web site says that the one in Carbon Co. is on Route 93 and the one in Monroe is on I-380 but that is all they have.

Can anyone provide more specific directions to these ranges? Thanks.

There are something like 40 state wide. I know there is 1 in Washington County and 2 more in Greene County.

Hey Irish:
The regional office number is 1-877-877-9357, Give those folks a call and they will give ya directions I bet.
Bill

The one in Carbon is on Rt 93, at the top of Broad Mtn. Turn off of Rt 209 just above Jim Thorpe. At the top of hill, it'll be on your left. Targets from 25 to 300 yds.
****REMEMBER TO NEVER LEAVE YOUR GUNS UNATTENDED AT THE BENCH WHEN YOU CHECK OR HANG TARGETS, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE ALONE. THERE WERE REPORTS OF THIEVES WHO WILL WATCH FOR YOU TO LEAVE YOUR GUN UNATTENDED AND THEN MAKE OFF WITH THEM.
BTW, A GOOD RULE FOR ANY PUBLIC RANGE!****
:curse: :curse: :curse:

Wow. Thank God it's not like that around here. At least not yet anyway.

Hank

IrishBob ~ It would be well advised to call the Regional office before making the journey. many of our ranges are closed because we don't have the money to maintain them. It's an ugly mess right now. Hopefully, the legislators will do the right thing and give us a license increase.

Before someone starts jumping up and down about a license increase, the PGC is funded by revenues received through license sales, fine monies, etc. We do not receive one penny from taxes. The unfortunate thing is, the Pennsylvania Game Commission serves all the citizens of the Commonwealth, but it's the sportsmen and women who foot the bill. Pennsylvania is the last state to be funded in this manner. We are also the last state to have separate fish and game agencies.

IrishBob You do know about the range in #205 lehigh valley. That would be the closest range for you from Easton.
Range at #141 carbon This is to range in carbon. you can see it marked along rt. 93.
Lehigh..

Latest posts

Back