• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA Turkey's?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone from N.W. PA seeing many birds...seem to be less than expected with the perfect Spring and Fall weather we had last year...thought we would be over run with birds this Spring! What are you all seeing out there? :hmm:

I'm in north central Pa. It's been a little slow around here. I drive by a big power/pipe line on my way to work and I usually see a flock out there 3 or 4 days a week. Not this year. Only saw them twice in the last month.

Lots of scratchin in my hunting area. I'm hoping they're saving their energy for May.

Got the fowler all tuned and ready to go.

Good luck on Saturday!

Greg

Gobblin' and struttin' in Armstrong Co. for a month...saw 15 longbeards together two weeks ago.
I see a few roadside hens every day, and some jakes on the way to-from work.
Looks like a good year...but I don't hunt them anymore. :(
:v Shreck
P.S. Most of the birds seem to be on private-posted lands.

Spent two weeks in central pa. I did hear more gobbling than the last two springs combined! But it's still very few birds. This IS the first year we saw birds out in fields. As much of a sight as it is they were all private grounds. Might as well be in a zoo! Lol

The one bird I did see on public ground flew to Alaska lol!

Opener turkey in pa is a down right scary day in the woods!!!

Back