• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

painting designs on a pyrimid

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike warner

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I would like to decorate my pyrimid with some sort of design. I did see a picture of a pyrimid in a magazine with a stripe around the base. Anyone have any advice or ideas, on designs and the meaning of such?

:) Alden you are losing it , when I clicked on this post I was expecting to see your reply to con tain samples of hyroglifics :wink:

Sometimes tents were painted with oil-based paint on the seams, the ridge pole area, and at the base to improve water-resistance. Painting the base kept the material from wicking water up from the ground. You have to be careful though as they used Boiled Linseed Oil, which can slowly rot cotton canvas over time, and is flamable, while modern oil based paints have drying chemicals that can make the fabric brittle and tear easier.

LD

Just asking: you see tarred bags, seems to me the bottom edge of a tent "dipped" maybe even brush up into a design of some kind, would stop wicking, not add too much weight (if kept to the bottom few inches), and though in only black would "paint" a tent. Someone had to think this up LONG before me....yea? :idunno:

Post script. " though in only black" or not, can pine tar be colored? :hmm:

Back