• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Patches & wads

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitehard

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi All. I have in my hands a price list which came from a Co. called Sagebrush and am looking at their overpowder wads and patches. Can anybody give me the headsup on their products and service. In advance thanks to all.

I recommend that you make your own wads and cards. It will be a lot cheaper. You can order a custom made punch from a man on this forum by the name of Donald Weimer at [email protected]. He will make one to your exact specifications for about $10 plus postage. You can get 100% wool felt from a company named Duro-Felt (www.durofelt.com). They can be found online. For your over shot card, use your punch to punch out cards from posterboard. For the price of a couple hundred commercial made wads and cards, you can make a lifetime worth of them yourself once you have your punch from Don.

+1 on a punch from Ohio Ramrod. I bought the cheap punches from Harbour Freight and wasted my money. And durofelt is the way to go.

Thankyou once again for your replies. I answer to billnpat and rodwa . yes I do make my own balls, patches , wads. But there are some who don't and beg borrow scrounge some of their supplies. I have , being somewhat independent, have made my own for the last 20 or so years. I have also made my own guns. And for others. I have dealings with a number of your suppliers over there.
While not a big group they are all a very dedicated lot of muzzleloaders down here.
Now to roundball . We have I think connected once before in regards to the late Hide. I hope that the headsup that I have given you as to this ,new to me Co., will be of some use.
bitehard

Latest posts

Back