• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Patches

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, but . . . if there "used" or "worn" jeans there will be thicker and thinner areas, from wear and tear . . . which will result in a hard, or impossible to load load, to a really loose one!

I've probably used more "old blue jeans" patches than anything else. The lower leg below the knee seems not to get much wear. They make a very thick patch, around .032-.034" and I have never found denim by the yard to be anywhere near that thick. Maybe you have access to better stores but the denim yard goods I have found is about .018-.020" thickness.

I picked up a set of ladies shorts in denim at the thrift store. Had my calipers handy and they measured .015" and showed little wear. Women don't tend to wear their jeans out like guys do and sometimes the ladies clothes are made with a thinner denim.
$2.00 for the shorts and I got around 1000 patches out of them.
Squeezing my pennies until they scream.

Back