• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Patriot pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wurzburger

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Looking for a pistol of 45 cal to go with the longrifle I built. Like the looks of the T/C Patriot with its double set trigger and adjustable rear sight. On other forums I noticed folks looking for lock or barrel replacements. Just wondering if these are weaknesses in the pistol and if parts are available. And why do pistols cost as much or more than longguns? Thanks for any feedback.

I have a patriot pistol I picked up in 1980 or their abouts, it's a real nice one, but you can't have it. :p

The one thing I love about that pistol. When I bring back my pistol target to be scored I get accused of using a rifle.

TC Patriot is a good high quality pistol and brings a high price on auction as they stopped making them years ago.
I have kicked myself several times after buying a new .45cal TC Hawken rifle & .45cal Patriot pistol together at an estate sale...both new and unfired...had no interest in pistols back then and sold it for a huge profit...wished I had it back now !!

I bought mine at an auction 10 or 15 years ago for about $75 it was new in the box.It shoots better than I can hold it.I dont know why anyone would want to replace the barrel or lock.Great target pistol! I think I saw one on[url] gunbroker.com[/url] for sale.
juniata jack

Last edited by a moderator:
Juniata jack- Thanks for the input. Maybe this is becoming a fixation, but based on comments here , and elsewhere, (all good) I gotta have one.

There are 2 listed at[url] gunbroker.com[/url] but I don't get a good feeling on that site. Could be newcomer's nervousness. Reserve bid of $349?

What kind of experiences have you had with these auctions?
Mugwump

Last edited by a moderator:
Mugwump, i think you will find most all of the buyers and sellers on the auctions are honest people. I have bought 1 rifle from a fella on gunbroker and a lot of stuff from dealers on Auction Arms. Only once did i have a seller take the money and not ship the item. Thankfully it was a small item and not a gun. Kentucky. is a long trip from Oregon to go and collect. I have just recently started selling on Auction Arms myself. I have had no problems with buyers. I think you can do business with confidence on the auctions. Check the feedback on the seller. If they have a lot of negative feedback, then i would hesitate to deal with them. Otherwise, i wouldn't worry about it. Check out Auction Arms. I think i saw a Patriot pistol on there that was currently a lot less than $349. And no, it isn't mine. ::

Back