• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Frontier/Blue Ridge .36 cal just landed.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fedex dropped it off a bit ago, looks like a pretty neat rifle. Made in 1991, NIB. Couple pics.

Attachments

• IMG_4298.JPG
    IMG_4298.JPG
    321.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4299.JPG
    IMG_4299.JPG
    313.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4300.JPG
    IMG_4300.JPG
    382.8 KB · Views: 0
I have a question. Since there are no stock pins, the only thing I see holding it together is screws thru the two rod thimbles, is that all thats needed to remove the barrel from the stock?
I don't know about this one but my first BP rifle as an Italian made long rifle. There were two screws going into the barrel through the nose cap and a screw in each thimble also going into the barrel. I liked not having pins.

Fedex dropped it off a bit ago, looks like a pretty neat rifle. Made in 1991, NIB. Couple pics.
Ive been keeping an eye out for a .36 Frontier myself. Nice rifle. I'd like to make some mods to one and, if I ever get one, and it shoots well, it will be my number one squirrel gun.

I don't know about this one but my first BP rifle as an Italian made long rifle. There were two screws going into the barrel through the nose cap and a screw in each thimble also going into the barrel. I liked not having pins.
Sadly one of the thimble screws is buggered and will have to be drilled out. I put it a request for screws at VTI and should hear back soon.

I ended up ordering two thimble screws and one barrel tenon for the screw that was buggered as it got buggered in the process of removing the buggered screw. I was able to chase the threads on it and make it OK for a spare, but feel better with all new stuff there.
I noted also that there was no ramrod tensioning spring in place, so I glued a piece of leather in the rod channel which will put some tension on it so it doesnt just fall out from gravity!
I got the parts from VTI and they came thru again and gave me a break on shipping too. Good guys to work with.

Back